There are posts around the blogosphere titled “30 by 30” or “30 Before 30” that I’m really enjoying which list the goals the bloggers hope to accomplish before reaching the ripe age of 30. Well, I’m well over 30 so I thought I’d put together my own “40 by 40.” I’m 38 so I have less than 2 years to do the following.
1. Birth a healthy and happy baby boy.
2. Baptize bouncing baby boy.
3. Celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary.
4. Buy real estate in the San Francisco Bay Area.
5. Buy a car safe enough for baby.
6. Buy a real live Christmas tree.
7. Get a dog.
8. Ditch Kaiser for the duration of my pregnancy.
9. Lose weight gained from babies and get back down to 85 pounds.
10. Run a race.
11. Learn how to swim.
12. Condition my body to do the splits again.
13. Find a blog assistant that I love.
14. Do 5 more guest posts. 10/16/13 Project Underblog
15. Secure 5 more sponsorships.
16. Write for BlogHer.
17. Write for Babble.
18. Reach 25,000 Twitter followers.
19. Learn how to better style and post my photos.
20. Do a vlog.
Community and Fun
21. Go to an Oakland A’s playoff game.
22. Go to my 20 year high school reunion.
23. Go to a San Francisco 49ers game.
24. Go to a Cal Rugby game.
25. Book Club–Thank God for book club otherwise I’d never read actual books.
26. Movie Night–watch more classics.
27. Go to Berkshire Hathaway’s annual meeting in Omaha.
28. Try floatation therapy.
29. Go to House of Air in Crissy Field.
30. Go to Burning Man Decompression.
31. Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. 9/28/13
32. Hike to the Tourist Club in Mount Tamalpais.
33. Go to trivia night.
35. Visit a new state.
36. Travel internationally.
37. Campaign for Hillary Clinton as the next POTUS.
38. Pray and practice imagery every day.
39. Actively forgive.
40. Save $$$$$ and remain on plan to retire by 55.
41. For each goal not completed, donate $100 to favorite non-profits.