Time for a lifestyle, fitness, health status update.
I started seeing a new acupuncturist today. I found her after doing some research; she was awarded best SF acupuncturist by the San Francisco A-List. I also gravitated toward her undergraduate background: BA in environmental studies from UCSC with an emphasis on biology and writing. Oh yeah! Great minds think alike. I’m excited. We established key metrics and have a plan in place.
She was was pretty impressed with what I’ve done so far to get on track:
- Stopped taking medication: wellbutrin, ambien, no more botox.
- Eliminated sugar from my diet.
- Eliminated caffeine from my diet.
- Curtailed alcohol consumption.
I feel like I’ve done so much, but I have more homework. Here were her recommendations:
- Acupuncture 1-2x week.
- Chinese herbs.
- Try Juice Plus, PreNatal, PreNatal fish oil.
- Avoid wheat, soy, dairy. Try almond milk, rice milk, or coconut milk.
- Eat cooked, warm food and drink.
I see a nutritionist on Monday and will share her recommendations as well.