I went with my high school girlfriends for a quick weekend getaway and it was so rejuvenating. LA is pure happiness (as long as you’re not stuck in traffic).
We stayed at the Fairmont Miramar on the Santa Monica oceanfront. There is a pool, spa, gym, restaurant, bar, outdoor courtyard, and a club called the Bungalow that was packed day and night. We asked one of the security guards if we could get in since we were guests of the hotel and he smirked that he couldn’t even get in if he wanted to. Ha! The hotel is conveniently located to the Third Street Promenade.
Often times I think the food in LA is better than SF. More bold and cutting edge. Plus every glass of wine I had was perfect.
- Forma. Cheese glorious cheese! This italian restaurant is known for their large assortment of cheeses which they display like fine wine. They’re listed on a menu akin to a wine list.
- The Penthouse. We went here for brunch. It’s atop the Huntley Hotel (across from the Fairmont) with spectacular ocean views.
- Hamasaku. My favorite meal of the weekend, thanks to GOOP’s recommendation.
- Rose Cafe. Super cute setting for brunch and cocktails in Venice Beach.
Since we were there for less than 48 hours, we spent most of our time eating, drinking or lounging by the pool. Here are my recommendations for anyone visiting LA.
- Hollywood Sign. You can’t go to LA and not take a picture in front of the Hollywood Sign. It’s a must.
- LACMA. An amazing museum that you cannot miss!
- Getty Center. Another great museum, but if you are limited on time, go to the LACMA.
- Getty Villa. Never been, but have always wanted to go. In Pacific Palisades.
- Abbot Kinney. I’ve never been, but this street in Venice looks so cute!
- Hollywood Reservoir. Next time, I want to hike and this is on my list.
- Magic Castle. Another place that is on my bucket list!
Poaching pictures from my friend Cristina!
Do you love LA as much as I do? Any recommendations?