Thank you to Dana from Kiss My List who tagged me! It’s been a blast getting to know more about my blogging friends.
Five Things I Have a Passion For
- Reading classic literature and award-winning fiction
- Food & wine
- Exploring every nook and cranny of the SF Bay Area
Five Things I Would Like to Do Before I Die
- Parent a child
- Buy a home with a backyard or deck or some kind of outside space!
- Travel to all 7 continents, which means I have one more to go: Antarctica
- My friend Marty had this super fun 80th birthday party. He kept saying he would rather do events like this now, surrounded by all his loved ones, versus when he is gone. And it made everyone at the party stop and think, yeah, why wait until we’re dead. PAR-TAY!!! I want to have a blowout, spare-no-expense raging party with the best DJs, food/wine, and entertainment.
- I’m determined to go to Berkshire Hathaway’s annual meeting and I need to do it while Warren Buffet is still around.
Five Things I Say A Lot
- “Ummm.” Yes, I know it’s a bad habit!
- Honestly I’m an introvert so I don’t do much talking out loud. Public speaking is my biggest fear.
- Swear words. Yes, all the bad habits are coming out!
- “Grande peppermint hot chocolate no whip.” My go-to Starbucks order since I don’t drink coffee.
Five Books and/or Magazines I Have Read Lately
- Lean In, Sheryl Sandberg
- The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles, Haruki Murakami
- The Dog Stars, Peter Heller
- I Will Carry You: The Sacred Dance of Grief and Joy, Angie Smith
- Vanity Fair
Five Favorite Movies
- The Sound of Music: “Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens…”
- Kramer vs Kramer: “How much courage does it take to walk out on your kid?”
- Terms of Endearment: “Raising three children, working full-time, and chasing women requires a lot more energy than you have. You know, one of the nicest qualities about you has always been that you recognized your weaknesses. Don’t lose that quality now just when you need it the most.”
- Braveheart: “I am William Wallace! The rest of you will be spared. Go back to England, and tell them there, that Scotland’s daughters and her sons are yours no more! Tell them Scotland is free!”
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: “My master would say: there is nothing we can hold onto in this world. Only by letting go can we truly possess what is real.”
Five Places I Would Love to Travel
- Galapagos (I’ve already been, but want to go again.)
Five People I Tag to Do This Meme: please don’t feel obligated!