Tracy McMillan wrote an article titled Why You’re Not Married which every single woman who wants to be married should read.
She makes the following main points on why you’re not married.
1. You’re a bitch. Guys don’t want to marry someone they’re scared of.
2. You’re shallow. You look for trivial characteristics like someone who’s tall or rich.
3. You’re a slut. No woman can sleep with anyone casually and eventually that casual relationship can be devastating.
4. You’re a liar. You pretend that casual is good or you like how everything’s going, when in reality you’re miserable.
5. You’re selfish. You’re absorbed in your career, your looks. It’s all about you.
6. You’re not good enough. You’re not looking for an equal partner. Rather, you’re looking for someone who’s better than you.
First of all, I am violently against the idea that you need to be married to be happy. I know plenty of happy single people. And let’s face it, lots of marriages are not happy ones. I say this because the reason why there are people who are not married is because they are completely self-fulfilled and comfortable in their own skin, which should be everyone’s life goal—not to get married, not to have kids, but to be 100% self-satisfied.
I like this article because it give some valuable insight into why people who want to be married are still single. You’re a bitch, shallow, slutty, so on, and so forth. I actually agree with points 1-5. It’s #6 ‘You’re not good enough’ that I take issue with. Maybe it’s because I associate with pretty successful women, but the majority of them, in my opinion, married down. In other words, the husband SCORED! But I see where the writer is coming from. It’s not like secretaries have their hearts set on someone from the building maintenance crew.
Overall though, spot on article.