Heather Graham’s beauty secret is that she tries to get 11-12 hours of sleep a night. I guess actresses can afford that kind of luxury!
I don’t function well on too much sleep. An abundance of rest actually makes me more tired. I am most productive with seven hours of solid shut-eye. But I have struggled with sleep my whole life which is why I take Ambien here and there!
Here are some behaviors to practice for good sleep.
• Exercise regularly
• Set a regular bedtime and waking time, even on the weekends
• Eliminate caffeine at least 6 hours before bed
• Avoid alcohol 4 to 6 hours before sleep
• Beware of large, late meals
• Create a relaxing bedtime routine
• Practice relaxation techniques
• Create a comfortable environment that is conducive to sleep by eliminating uncomfortable bedding, wearing loose clothing, keeping the bedroom temperature slightly cool, and eliminating any bothersome noise or light.