For my writing class, we’ve been instructed to keep notebooks with us at all times to write down observations. Specifically, one of our assignments was to list 15-20 personal quirks.
For a busy Monday night, this is easy enough to post. Straight from my notebook. Here is my list.
1. I have a Chicago cell phone number. First time I got a cell phone was when I went to b-school in 2002. Don’t plan on ever changing the number.
2. I snooze for at least 30 minutes before waking up.
3. For a 32-year-old native Californian, I think it’s odd that I eat fast food regularly.
4. I am a dress fanatic. The other weekend, when my sister and her family came to pick me up for brunch–a drizzly morning–she told her husband that she wouldn’t be surprised if I walked out the door wearing a sundress. She was right.
5. I go to Church regularly. I think that’s pretty quirky for San Francisco.
6. I’m on the Burning Man staff.
7. I’m a Republic and a card-carrying member of the NAACP.
8. I’ve run three marathons, but drive to the gym four blocks away.
9. Must have junk food every day.
10. I don’t cook. I eat Lean Cuisines.
11. I know Pi to the 50th decimal place (extra credit for Geometry class in high school).
12. I’m a neat freak.
13. I don’t own a TV.
14. I love bugs. Even more, I love collecting and pinning them.
15. I got four points on my driving record in one year. My punishment was reduced from suspension to probation.
16. I try to put all my purchases on my cash back credit card–even Starbucks, Specialty’s–any place that accepts cards.
17. I scour credit cards for 0% interest deals. Will max my credit cards to the limit, then pay everything off before I incur a finance charge. Card companies hate me. Essentially, it’s a free loan (for those of you non-finance people).
18. It’s hard for me to regulate my body temperature. I’m either freezing cold or drenched in sweat.
19. I’m allergic to eggplant, sunscreen, and the sun (I get heat rashes easily).