Position: Seeking temporary single position of self-exploration and fun (with no strings attached) for three months.
Motto: “Je m’aime.”
Last Short-Term Relationship: Several concurrently 2/06
Last Long-Term Relationship: Dave 8/06
Long-Term Relationships: 3
– Rob (3+ years)
– Douglas (1+ year)
– Dave (6 months)
– Rob telling me he loved me out of the blue (with no previous romantic involvement), after we had spent a couple months working on a project together.
– Rob surprising me with a diamond necklace on our anniversary, me crying, and people in the restaurant thinking he proposed.
– Working at a startup with Douglas, getting laid off, and spending our free time together.
– Vacationing in the Amazon and Galapagos with Douglas.
– Douglas taking me to Burning Man.
– Knowing that my boyfriends loved me unconditionally and that they will always be my friends.
– Rob losing his keys, his wallet, losing track of time and picking me up hours late.
– The shouting matches with Douglas.
– Never hearing “I love you” from Dave.
– I’m a relationship avoider.
– I fear commitment.
– I had bad role models.
This is my commitment to a three-month dating hiatus.