Here’s an update on what’s been going on with me.
- I worked 12 days straight.
- On the 12th day I was in the office at 4:30am and worked a full day because my company reported its earnings for the quarter and that’s part of my job—to report our financial performance.
- Aside from work, I have rushed home, eaten dinner, had a few scoops of ice-cream, and gone straight to bed…because I’m preggers and every day is a milestone with my little bun in the oven.
I wake up each morning and ask myself, “What can I neglect today?”
- I subscribe daily to the print version of the Wall Street Journal. There are stacks of the paper in my office and at home. Unread.
- Blogging: Apologies to my blogging community, I can barely keep up with all of the posts let alone post on my own.
- Email: Yep, lots of those I haven’t gotten to either. My company has recently blocked all online email sites (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) which is PAINFUL. And by the time I get home, like I said, I just want to rest.
- Dean is working overtime not only with his new job, but running our household. He does all the laundry (washing, drying, folding), cooks dinner, washes the dishes because we don’t have a dishwasher, and does all of the cleaning. I’m not to lift a finger.
My priorities have obviously shifted toward laziness, which is shocking since I pride myself on being insanely productive. But this is also a special time to hibernate, just me and my baby.
Each pound gained, every moment slacked…it will all be worth it.